Been There, Inc, a Delaware corporation, operates a web and mobile applications collectively referred to as “Been There Platform”. When used in these Policy,“Been There," “Platform,” “we,” “us,”
What information we collect?
To provide the Been There Products, we collect the following information:
- 1. Registration Account Details – We In order to access all of the services on this Platform, particularly mobile, you will require a separate account and password that can be obtained by either using a sign-in option via other social media platforms like Facebook or using a valid email address via Google or Apple. We collect and store your sign-in details like full name, email address and date of birth (DOB). You can access your account profile by logging in and clicking on “Profile” icon. Your email address and DOB is not editable, but you can edit your full name by visiting the “Edit Profile” icon.
- --If you register or link your account with third parties such as Facebook, Apple, or Google, we may receive information about you from those third parties.
- --You can opt out of some emails, however you cannot opt out of legal or administrative emails. We may track whether you have deleted, received, opened, or forwarded emails to improve our operations.
- 2. Content you provide –We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Products, create or share content, or interact with other user’s content. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of the place you have been to (or you have added to your Wishlists), ratings, comments, photos and the date a place was added. Additionally, we collect and store information about people you follow and places you have marked as “Been There” or added to your “Wish List” from their posts. We automatically process place marked as “Been There” on the Platform to plot its associated country on the “World Map”.
- 3. Platform Usage –To optimize the performance and user experience of the Platform, we may track and store your Platform usage data. This data includes actions taken on platform to perform searches, logins, screens you view, interactions, or time spent on various features of the Platform. We will NOT share any of this information to third parties or any other user of the Platform outside of Been There entity.
- 4. Device Information – To improve the performance of Been There platform on your mobile device, we may collect certain information about your devices that includes:
- - Device attribute:information such as the operating system (iOS or Android), hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins. This information will help us understand the performance of Been There platform on devices with different capabilities and characteristics.
- - Device operations:To avoid misuse of the platform and avoid the use of bots, crawlers, scrapers, or other automated means to access or collect data or other content from or otherwise interact with the Been There Platform, we will collect information about operations and behaviors performed on the device to help distinguish humans from bots
- - Device signals:Bluetooth signals, Wi-Fi availability, strength and connection speed
- - Data from device settings:information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera and/or photos.
- - Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address
- - Cookie data:data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settingsinformation such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address
How is your information shared?The content you provide to the Platform (excluding your Personal Information, and self-notes added to the places marked as “Wish List”) is public, which can be seen by anyone, on Platform only. This includes your Been There username; any information you share with other users of the Platform; information in your public profile; and content you share on the Platform. We don’t share any data with Third-Party entities, but we intend to share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests. A legal request, nationally or internationally, refers to a search warrant, court order or subpoena. We will do our best to establish a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so before we share any information. Been There is a US entity. However, your information may be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes of providing Platform Services and other R&D activities. We will obtain your consent for these data transfers to the United States and other countries.
How are children protected?Platform does not provide services to those under 18 years of age. User’s will be deleted from the Platform found in violation to our age policy.
How can I contact Been There if I have questions?You can contact us online at email@example.com or by mail at:
250 Meridian St, Suite 204
Boston MA 02128